The Veritas NetBackup 9.1 Administration training course provides general principles, configuration, and management of NetBackup, including how to best utilize the NetBackup tools and interfaces, effectively monitor backup and restore operations, and ensure that the data recovery objectives are met.
Students should be familiar with general network and storage concepts, and the administration and configuration of Windows or Linux operating systems. Knowledge of virtualization and cloud technologies is useful.
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
The Veritas NetBackup 9.1 Administration training course is intended for technical professionals responsible for the design, configuration, operation, monitoring, or support of NetBackup.
- Introducing NetBackup
- Configuring NetBackup Storage
- Configuring Policies
- Performing File System Backups
- Performing File System Restores
- Configuring Disk Pools
- Configuring Media Server Deduplication
- Configuring Tape Storage
- Managing Tape Storage
- Performing Virtual Machines Backups
- Performing Virtual Machines Restores
- Duplicating Backups Using Storage Lifecycle Policies::
- Managing and Protecting the NetBackup Catalog
- Optimizing File System Backups
- Collecting Logs and Diagnostic Information